Interactivos?'15: Material Cultures in the Digital Age. Call for collaborators
Call for Collaborators: October 23 to November 30, 2015.
- On 23 October the selected projects shall be published and registration will be opened to all those wishing to participate as collaborators.
- On 2 and 3 December the theoretical discussion seminar will be held.
- From 2 to 16 December projects will be developed in groups with the support of the evaluators; the resulting prototypes will be presented on the final day.
> About this call
Medialab-Prado publishes a call for all those interested in participating in Interactivos?'15: Material Cultures in the Digital Age workshop as a collaborator in one of the workgroups that will develop the selected projects.
The collaborator is basic in the planning and development of the workshops at Medialab-Prado, thus these are conceived as spaces for collaborative work, knowledge exchange and theoretical and practical training. It is an environment in which there is an horizontal relationship among mentors, developers and the collaborators.
According to its field of interest, each collaborator can be part of the development team in more than one of the selected proposals bringing his/her knowledge and ideas to the workgroup and, at the same time, learning from the group and the mentors. However, we suggest that employees focus on a proposal to ensure greater commitment with it during all phases of the workshop.
As it is specified in the rules, the names of the collaborators will appear in the project’s credits. Also, Medialab-Prado will give a document certifying the participation in the workshop to all the participants that request it. The workshop runs from Monday to Saturday from December 2 to 16, 2015. Timetable will be from 10am to 6:30pm with a break for lunch. Somedays after 6:30h there will be little workshops and presentations until 8:30h.
If you are interested, fill the FORM that you will find below and send it before November 9, 2014 (see guidelines below).
If you have any questions, please check our frequently asked questions (faq) or write to talleres(at)medialab-prado.es.
> Appointment of participants in the workshop
Since there is no selection process for collaborators, all received inscriptions will be accepted until availability is filled. Once you have submitted the form, you will receive an automatic mail confirmation informing that your data has been successfully received, which means that you have already earned participation in the workshop. Having a place as a collaborators does not mean necesarily that you have a place at the hostel (please see below).
For residents out of Madrid, Medialab-Prado will cover for the stay of a limited number of participants at youth hostels and during the dates of the celebration of the workshop. Each space will be allocated by strict order of registration. Therefore, signing in as a collaborator does not necessarily guarantee that you have a place in the hostel. Don’t forget to indicate in the form the dates of your stay (Maximum stay: Check-in December 1 and check-out December 18, 2015), and Medialab-Prado will get in touch with you for a final reservation. The last day to ask for a place is Nobember 23.
Medialab-Prado does not cover traveling costs nor other expenses during the stay.
> Medialab-Prado Community
Workgroups will begin to form from now through the Community, a specific social network where interested persons may contact the project developers and other partners to raise questions, comments or possible ways of collaboration. The groups will finish settling during the initial presentation of projects.
> Guidelines to complete the form
1. In the area “Comments” you should indicate:
- Availability to participate in the workshop (a strong commitment is recommended since it is an intensive workshop).
- Title of the Project in which you would like to participate (if you have decided already).
2. Accommodation: Shared rooms in youth hostel, breakfast included. Limited vacancies. Each vacancy will be allocated by strict order of registration. Maximum stay: Check-in December 1, and check-out December 18, 2015.