In conjunction with the 11th edition of the IN-SONORA art exhibition, Medialab Prado is proud to announce an open call directed at audiovisual artists, asking for their participation in a collaborative production residency at the Medialab Prado headquarters.
The residency period will extend from March 9 to March 22, 2020, in the Medialab Prado Headquarters in Madrid.
The objective of the call is the selection of one project, to be developed over the course of the following dates: March 9 to March 22, 2020.
– Commencement date of the call for projects: February 01, 2019
– End date of call for projects: March 31, 2019
– Publication date of selected projects: May 31, 2019
Medialab Prado is a public workspace centered on the production, research and dissemination of cultural projects that explore forms of experimentation and collaborative learning in the advent of digital networks. It is also owned by the City of Madrid’s Department of Culture and Sports.
During the residency period, Medialab Prado will provide the resident with a bedroom and a workshop area for the development of their project, as well as provide access to the institution’s facilities and available tools.
Medialab Prado funds this program with the aim of stimulating creative production and the development of artistic projects and works that enable citizen participation and interdisciplinary collaboration. Candidates may choose to explore one of the following topics for their residency:
– Experimental sound-based and audiovisual creative projects that use free and open forms of technology.
– Audiovisual projects exploring the use of digital interaction and interfaces for creative purposes.
– Projects developed for the Medialab Prado Digital Wall and/or La Cosa.